Saturday, 25 January 2014

Quick walks and the Search for Roe Deer

We have quite a large population if Sika that were first introduced on to the Isle of Purbeck, from their native Japan, a little over 100 years ago. Like them or not, they are here to stay and I for one always enjoy seeing them. The main problem as far as I am concerned is that they are gradually squeezing the small number of Roe deer out of the area.
Today, I went to where I knew they would be to see how close I could get.
One of three Roe deer
As it happened, I couldn't get very close but seeing part of our very small local Roe deer population is always special.
The walk back wasn't too bad either.
The Purbeck Snowdrop

No comments:

Close but not too close.

Everywhere you look Autumn has well and truly taken hold of the Isle of Purbeck and there is no better example of this than our precious h...