Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sea Mist With Occasional Sunny Smiles

From early yesterday morning it was obvious that mist was going to play quite an important part in the days wandering. The cliff path was clear though and, with the mist being blown in from the sea, the view across Durlston Bay towards Old Harry was ever changing. It is amazing how fog and mist can change the way even the most familiar places look.
As usual, I spent far to much time watching the Fulmars from the cliff path but still couldn't take a decent photograph and was finally distracted by a lizard that sat on the wall smiling at me.
In the evening I walked to St.Aldhelm's Head and watched as the Linnets and Yellowhammers traded calls before settling down for the night.
Not a bad way to end the day.







No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...