Thursday 19 May 2016

Tales From the River Bank



The Water Vole has long since been near the top of my ‘hit-list’ and the discovery of a couple of likely places to see these animals on the Isle of Purbeck is a bonus. We only have one large river here and that is the Frome, that gives us our northern border, but there are countless smaller steams and ponds that may or may not be home to a Vole or two. Today, whilst perched on the bank of one patch of water I was joined by a couple of Water Voles for just a few minutes as they swam along from right to left. They didn’t hang around though and I couldn’t get a shot of them out of the water, next time perhaps. 




No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...