Monday 16 May 2016

Sunday morning and almost Dragon hunt.

There was plenty going on this morning as the warmth of the Sun desperately tried to compete with the chilly wind. I decided to wander down to a favourite Dragonfly pond near Poole Harbour but there wasn’t much sign of any action and so I concentrated on a Great Spotted Woodpecker that flew from tree to tree looking for a new building site. This kept me amused until I found a Dartford Warbler to play with while the Stonechats chipped and chatted in distance (sounding just like two pebbles being struck together) fighting for the best seat on a pile of old logs. Robins, Dunnocks and Wrens provided the rest of the soundtrack and a couple of Buzzards flew in circles high above. There were no Foxes to be seen this morning which was good news for the dozens of Rabbits that charged around, ate the grass or just sat quietly having a wash.
Not a bad walk for a Sunday.






No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...