Tuesday 23 April 2013

Peregrine Watch

My brother is probably one of the main reasons that I have such a love for wildlife. He has, for as long as i can remember, been interested in all things countryside and has been very supportive of what I am trying to do. I had a call from him the other day and we chatted as he was watching a couple of Peregrines on a building in the centre of Sheffield. Both Sheffield and Nottingham Universities have superb web cameras giving live pictures of nesting Peregrines, these are not just interesting, but are also extremely addictive. A link to these can be found on the University's websites.
Here on the Isle of Purbeck we have several areas where Peregrines can be seen and, thanks to the cliff paths, you can get some superb views of these beautiful birds as they feed themselves and their young.








1 comment:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...