Monday 25 April 2011

New Mum


New Mum, originally uploaded by julian sawyer.


I first saw this new mum with something in her mouth and obviously a fair amount on her mind. My first thought was that she was moving her cubs and after watching her for a while she dropped what she was carrying and turned to face me. I crouched, squeaked and waited. She then walked to within two meters of me before casually wandering off. I didn't check what she was carrying, (if it was a cub I didn't want to get too close) but waited, heart in my mouth, for her to return.
And return she did, with another mouthful of what turned out to be sausage rolls, perhaps the leftovers from a picnic.
This picture isn't cropped, in fact I had to zoom out to get her in shot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's a beauty. It looks like suasage rolls agree with her!! Boom and Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...