Wednesday 27 April 2011

Caution. Lapwing Children Crossing


First of all, I must apologise to drivers on the A354 between Salisbury and Blandford for any inconvenience caused by my actions today.
This is one of two Lapwing chicks that were trying to cross the busy road this afternoon and not doing a very good job about it. Mum and Dad were calling but the chicks decided to sit in the middle of the road and were obviously very scared. I actually drove right over one of them (between my wheels) and had to turn around before there luck ran out. I picked them both up and put them in the field where there parents were. Just managed a couple of shots, from a distance, before they toddled off.

3 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Well done Julian. I nearly got marmaladed years ago trying to save a frog on a busy village road... I did, and survived. Love the fox photo too, though the comment underneath is sad.

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh well done, lapwings these days need all the help they can get

Unknown said...

Great Julian and they're beautiful. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...