Wednesday 21 March 2018

A Good Walk


With the weather not really playing ball lately you could be forgiven for staying away from the cliffs but this morning all that had changed. A beautiful sunrise gave way to bright blue skies and it seemed that Spring was well on its way. In the distance on the hills there was still patches of snow but for the most part that part of our recent history had just about disappeared.
As soon as I reached the coast path I was treated to the sight of two Kestrels, at eye level, passing slowly by as they searched the ground for food. Later, just a few meters along a Peregrine sat on the cliff edge and gave me that look that only an apex predator can give. Below, on the water, Guillemots and Razorbills bobbed and grumbled and washed and flapped, the same as usual, but it is a sight that I always enjoy. The warmth of the Sun could really be felt and it was no surprise to see three large female Adders sunbathing above the quarry. The walk back through the woods was interrupted by a Tawny Owl that flew just a few feet above the path before heading higher into the trees. Even though I had my camera there was no chance of a shot, it all happened so quickly and I was so surprised I didn’t even think of using it.
All walks are good, but some are better than others and this was a good one.







No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...