Wednesday 21 February 2018

Familiar Places



There was a calm along the cliffs this morning, helped by a soft light and a haze that sat just a few miles out to sea. Just a few days ago this same view was full of Guillemots both in the air and on the water but today it was quiet with just a single Razorbill bobbing on the waves. Above Tilly Whim an Adder was sunbathing as a Robin provided the soundtrack even though and a Green Woodpecker did its best to ruin the atmosphere with the worst solo ever.
On the road above Anvil Point Lighthouse another woodpecker sat on the grass looking for breakfast and so I sat too, just for a while. There was nothing else to watch, apart the lighthouse, a yacht and a fishing boat passing far below, the occasional little bird flitting between gorse and the sea. The same sea that I watch every time I come here and I come here a lot….








No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...