Friday 23 October 2009

Bandit, 2 O'clock


Bandit, 2 O'clock, originally uploaded by julian sawyer.

It seems the fate of all our raptors to be harrassed by the local Crow, Jackdaw & Magpie population. The Buzzards seem to suffer the most, flying ever higher to escape unwanted attention. We do pretty well for raptors down here though, with Merlins, Hobbys, Peregrines, Kestrels, Buzzards and Sparrowhawks as well as the Owls. There is a Red Kite around here too somewhere, but I have only seen it a couple of times.

1 comment:

Linda Yarrow said...

There is a pair of Buzzards close by where I live and they were chasing off, I think, a pair of Ravens. Lovely to see the raptors, it has to be a good sign seeing more raptors as they are at the top of the food chain.

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...