Monday, 21 September 2009

Little Brown Bird



Another bird that I have needed help with. This was taken near Winfrith in Dorset. I had thought it was a Pipit, but on closer inspection and with the help of a few friends we thought it may be a Bunting. It has now been suggested that this is a female or juvenile Linnet. Thanks everyone, this is why I love the internet, so many people with more of clue than me. Carry on lads and lasses, I am off to photograph deer, at least I know what they are....

3 comments:

urbanextension said...

I recon it's a bunting... but no idea which one. Too much of a seed eater beak to be a pipit me thinks. Great picture. Where did you take it?

Julian Sawyer said...

This was taken near Winfrith in Dorset. You are right about the beak not being Pipit-ish. It has been suggested that this is a Bunting or a female/juvenile Linnet.
Thanks for your help with this.

Nature As Is said...

Beautiful Beautiful...Love capturing birds against the blue sky. Excellent capture!!

Close but not too close.

Everywhere you look Autumn has well and truly taken hold of the Isle of Purbeck and there is no better example of this than our precious h...