Friday 15 December 2017

Friday Morning: Before the blue skies.

I have used the word 'chilly' a few times lately but this morning took 'chilly' to whole new level. The beach at Studland was beautiful, as it always is, and the Sun was working hard to clear the final ominous clouds from an otherwise clear sky but the wind was something else!
it was blowing across Poole Harbour, through the entrance and passed the ferry, then straight along the beach picking up sand and blasting it against face and legs. This wasn't too bad as I walked with the wind at my back and it didn't take too long to pass Pilot Point, the problem was when I took a photo my eyes blurred with the sand and wind and my fingers were struggling against the cold. The journey back was not as easy, straight into the wind and if anything it felt colder. The beach looked superb though, as sand waves swept towards me, and it was hard to resist lying down to take a low shot but I wasn't about to spend the rest of the day cleaning sand from my camera.

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...