Tuesday 27 June 2017

Shetland Footprints: A Second First Encounter

Otters are quite 'common' throughout The Shetlands but seeing one and getting a photo takes planning, a lot of hanging about, a bit of local knowledge and a fair bit of luck. We have found evidence of Otters all over the islands and seen a few at a distance several times but I haven't managed to get any 'out of the water' shots or got particularly close.
My latest attempt involved this chap who lives near to where we are camping at the moment. He is a bit of a local celebrity and will put up with a bit of noise but is still very timid. We watched for about an hour while local kids were rowing in the sea around the harbour but I still didn't manage to see catch him on dry land.




No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...