Tuesday 25 November 2014

The Grey Seal

We have a couple of Grey Seals that frequent our little part of the world, but last weekend I went to the Lincolnshire coast to get a closer look at these incredible creatures.
I was accompanied by my brother, a chap who I don't see often enough and whose knowledge of wildlife I can only aspire to.
There was no skill involved in finding the seals, this is a well known place and at this time of year it can be very busy, but this is a special place to be. With the unexpected and eerie sounds of pup, cow and bull filling the air from before Sunrise, the sight of literally hundreds of individuals and the chance to get so close to a wild animal really cannot be underestimated.







No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...