Saturday 28 June 2014

The Eagles of Westfjords

White-tailed Eagles are pretty rare in Iceland and their whereabouts are strictly guarded. There are guided tours that can take you to the areas where they are known to be, but as with any nature tour, there is no guarantee. I was very pleased then to spot what I thought was a single eagle, from the road whilst driving to Latrabjarg. When I spotted the second and realised that this was a pair, I was even happier. To then realise that they had a nest and i could clearly see two chicks, well, you can imagine.
These are superb birds to watch and, although they were quite far away and I did not attempt to get closer, it was a real privilege to see them.
The light was changing by the second and I have had to crop these quite a bit, but I am very happy with the results.

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...