Saturday 25 January 2014

Quick walks and the Search for Roe Deer

We have quite a large population if Sika that were first introduced on to the Isle of Purbeck, from their native Japan, a little over 100 years ago. Like them or not, they are here to stay and I for one always enjoy seeing them. The main problem as far as I am concerned is that they are gradually squeezing the small number of Roe deer out of the area.
Today, I went to where I knew they would be to see how close I could get.
One of three Roe deer
As it happened, I couldn't get very close but seeing part of our very small local Roe deer population is always special.
The walk back wasn't too bad either.
The Purbeck Snowdrop

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...