Saturday 15 June 2013

Saturday Sika



 Looking just about as good as they get to look, there may not be much sunshine around this weekend, but a walk to find these chaps is always fun.
I now have to make the choice whether to mow the lawn of disappear for a few hours....
I know I'm being boring, but if you are lucky enough to stumble across a young Sika or Roe deer, just take a photo and please keep on moving.
They are incredibly cute but are often left for hours at a time by their mothers. If they are touched, or stroked, or handled in any way (and I fully understand why anyone would want to do this) the chances are that they will be abandoned and the cry of a lost youngster is truly awful!
Anyway, sorry about the lecture and I really hope that you see one....from a distance....

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...