Sunday 4 September 2011

Black Pool

Black Pool  by julian sawyer
Black Pool , a photo by julian sawyer on Flickr.


In the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees there used to be a pool filled with very dark, very still water. It took a while to find that pool today, until I realised that the trees that used to surround it had been felled and the water was now crystal clear.
Plenty of darters around, mainly Commons with a few Blacks (I think) and one huge Emperor Dragonfly, the size of a small plane, that made me jump when it hit the camera.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great close up, Julian. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...