Wednesday 30 May 2018

An Appointment with the Badger Family

I see plenty of Badger tracks whilst wandering the Isle of Purbeck and and have found many setts but the last thing I want to do is draw attention to these by setting up cameras. So you can imagine how chuffed I was when I was invited on to private land to spend time with a new family.
Trail cameras have been set up and I managed a couple of shots but as the Sun had well and truly set I had to use the flash. These particular Badgers are used to a certain amount of light and noise but I don't want to use the flash too much even though they didn't seem too worried by it.
Once I had got these shots I packed up and left, not wanting to outstay my welcome, but being within two or three meters of these animals is very special.



No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...