Friday 12 January 2018

From Grey to Blue

There is no escaping the weather and early walks are really suffering at the moment, with fog closing in all around there is little difference between sky and sea and all colours are muted and dull. The walks are fine though, as they always are, but without the camera it feels like I have left my right hand at home.
Now all this means is that as soon as the sky clears and views return the call to be out and about is too hard to resist. Winspit was on the list for a wander the other afternoon for no other reason than I hadn't been there for a while. The views along the cliffs towards Anvil Point lighthouse are superb on a clear day and there was still enough of a swell to make the waves climb the cliffs. 





Apart from that, on this sunny but chilly January day, it was good to play hide and seak with the local lizards, I enjoy this far too much and am never ready to leave until I have a photo or two..

2 comments:

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

I'm amazed to see a lizard. For some reason I'd imagined one would only see lizards on hot days . . perhaps I'd thought they would hibernate.

Unknown said...

We are a little different down here, the climate is reletively mild and you can see these as well as Adders in the middle of Winter as long as the Sun is warm enough.

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...