Wednesday 1 June 2016

June - A Time for Puffins



At this time of year, we have a little visitor that is instantly recognisable and a favourite many, including me. There is a small number of Puffins along the coast of the Isle of Purbeck, they usually start to arrive in May and will stay for a few months, but they are almost impossible to get close to. This doesn’t stop me taking to the water every year though as just seeing these little birds is very special and they can often be spotted on the water or flying towards the cliffs. As with all of the animals and birds here, if I cannot get close and take the photographs that I want I go a bit further afield to where I can. Bempton Cliffs on the Yorkshire coast is a fine place to see them, but my favourite place was the remote Latrabjarg cliffs on the western most tip of Iceland. Getting up close and personal with the Puffin was a real treat always worth the effort.






No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...