Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Guarding the Coast


The highly popular Purbeck Footprints blog has been nominated for a prestigious local award along with a less important blog run by a group that I will call the Swanage Guardcoast, to hide their identity.
At the weekend, at a secret location in the Purbeck Footprints gallery just off Station Road in Swanage, plans were drawn in order to keep up a certain standard and maintain gentlemanly conduct.
It was agreed that I would not guard the coast and help save lives as they do and in return, the Swanage Guardcoast would not post wildlife photographs.
To my utter horror, I find that our once much loved coastguard have completely over stepped the mark and posted a photograph of a snail!
I have to tell you that the gloves are now well and truly off and I have had to retaliate in the harshest way possible.
Here is a photograph of me guarding the coast

That'll show them!

2 comments:

Helen Baggott said...

That did make me laugh.

Just how wild are snails?

Occasional Blog said...

Caught on a bad day,they can be very wild, which is why you'll find us coastguards guarding the coast and keeping it free from snails.

The Magic of Houns tout

Of all the walks that crisscross the Isle of Purbeck my favourite is a two mile easy path from Kingston to Houns tout, it is a walk that I n...