Saturday 30 November 2013

Otters, Kingfishers and Cold, Wet Feet

A blue sky Saturday walk is never going to be boring and today's was no exception. Just a few miles from home I was sat on the bank watching Otters as they fished and as soon as they disappeared along came a couple of Kingfishers.
After a while I dragged myself away and walked along the shores of Poole harbour, trying to keep my feet dry.
Turnstones seemed to be everywhere, showing just how camouflaged they are against the pebbles on the shore and amongst them were a few Oystercatchers, endlessly dipping their beaks into the mud.





1 comment:

Caroline Gill said...

What wonderful images! The Kingfisher and the Otter are particularly striking.

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...