Sunday 26 November 2017

Sunday Morning: Just Before Breakfast.

It was cold on the cliffs this morning! The sort of cold that catches your breath and makes you wonder if you have enough layers on!
Even now though, on a Winter's morning the heat of a distant Sun still warms and soon you can enjoy what has to be the best part of any day. I had a time limit this morning (I had to be back home to drop the dogs off before returning for my walk at 10.30 and I don't like being late) and the worst thing you can have on a morning like this is a time limit.
There was still a chance to be impressed by the views from Durlston Head: north past two bays to Old Harry and beyond, across the water to the Isle of Wight or just straight out to a distant horizon, they never get boring. When you reach the southern cliffs the views change and the activity increases with sea birds taking to both the air and the water and the most perfect soundtrack accompanies you. In prime position this morning, giving me a look that is reserved only for a apex predator, was a Peregrine getting ready for breakfast.






No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...