Monday 18 July 2016

The Dragon's Lair



Today I had the chance to go inland and explore an area that I don't know very well. I knew that it would be a place of beasts and bugs and also knew that it would be foolish to wander around uncovered and unprotected against the very worst of our local flying biters!
So, shorts and a t-shirt it was then!
The day started warm and was set to get warmer so the area would be literally buzzing with all manner of moths, flies and butterflies with the floor hiding many a cricket or grasshopper. I couldn’t get there early so I had to contend with these creatures all fully charged by the Sun and as active as they were going to get.
Butterflies are always fun to photograph, I like the flies too but It is the dragons that I really go for, closely followed by the crickets. After a couple of hours in the heat and after yet another fly decided that I looked like lunch, I called it a day and headed for somewhere cooler.








No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...