Monday 9 November 2015

The Blow In

It wasn't just the sound of waves crashing against the cliffs that was carried on the wind this morning. Along with a multitued of Jackdaws, Pigeons and Herring Gulls, (all of which seem to enjoy the strong winds and use the air currents to perform all sorts of incredible maneuvers) a single Short Eared Owl blew past the headland. For all of its size, it looked to be struggling with the gusts. This is the first time I have seen one of these superb birds for years, when I managed to get quite close. They are day feeding Owls and they have been sited on a couple of occasions at Durlston Country Park recently, so fingers crossed I'll see them again soon.

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...