Saturday, 15 June 2013

Saturday Sika



 Looking just about as good as they get to look, there may not be much sunshine around this weekend, but a walk to find these chaps is always fun.
I now have to make the choice whether to mow the lawn of disappear for a few hours....
I know I'm being boring, but if you are lucky enough to stumble across a young Sika or Roe deer, just take a photo and please keep on moving.
They are incredibly cute but are often left for hours at a time by their mothers. If they are touched, or stroked, or handled in any way (and I fully understand why anyone would want to do this) the chances are that they will be abandoned and the cry of a lost youngster is truly awful!
Anyway, sorry about the lecture and I really hope that you see one....from a distance....

No comments:

An Afternoon at the Ledge

How long it takes to get to get to Dancing Ledge is up to you! The walk along the cliffs from Durlston will take an hour or so if you w...