Friday 18 November 2011

Fun With The Firecrests

Fun With The Firecrests by julian sawyer
Fun With The Firecrests, a photo by julian sawyer on Flickr.

I have never seen a Firecrest before and they, as well as the Goldcrest, have been at the top of my hit list for a while.
There was a flock of about ten birds (although I don't know how many were Firecrests and how many were Goldcrests) bouncing through the trees and keeping to the shadows.
After mainy failed attempts at a reasonable shot I decided to use the flash. Not easy with the big lens and it has made for a terrible background, but I am quite chuffed with this one.

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...