Monday, 11 January 2010

Purbeck Fallow


Purbeck Fallow, originally uploaded by julian sawyer.

I was a little surprised to see this chap on the Isle of Purbeck. We have Sika and Roe deer but as far as I was aware, (and I am awaiting clarification) there were no Fallow deer! So, that begs the question; where has he come from? I know of a few private herds and, of course, the New Forest Fallow, but they really are miles away. I didn't have a lot of time to take this as the rain was falling, what light we had was quickly disappearing and he didn't really appreciate being interupted.

1 comment:

Lynmiranda said...

Interesting, I wonder where he comes from. I wonder how far dear will travel from area to another.

Sunday Morning: Just Before Breakfast.

It was cold on the cliffs this morning! The sort of cold that catches your breath and makes you wonder if you have enough layers on! Even ...